Last update: May 2018
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Scottish PSC is voluntary unincorporated association and a membership organisation, find out more about us here. Scottish PSC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We try to limit the information we gather from our members and supporters. The data collected will be adequately protected in compliance with new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and contact information including address, email address, telephone number and postcode
- membership subscriptions and donations to Scottish PSC
- other information which is specifically relevant to our campaign in solidarity with the Palestinian people
We collect information about you when you become a member, a supporter, place an order for our products or sign up to volunteer with us.
What we do with the information we gather
The information is used to campaign for effective solidarity with the Palestinian people and to take forward the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) campaign, including the following activities:
- To provide information on campaigns, events and activities, including local activities by email or post;
- To maintain records of membership subscriptions and donations;
- To circulate membership and fund-raising appeals;
- To promote and process orders of books and other merchandise.
Who we share the data with
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. Some information on is passed to a named individual in our branches, including name, postcode, email and phone number.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All online payment transactions are encrypted.
Requests for information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by writing or emailing Scottish PSC.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to no longer receive communications by a particular means or if you wish us to remove all information that we hold on you, please contact us. To stop receiving our emails, please click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email.