Write a comment
Three important articles from Mondoweiss on Gaza
1. Contextualizing the Great March of Return by Haider Eid from Gaza
2. Striking images from the last week of Gaza’s Great March of Return
3. The Gaza protests are challenging every facet of Israel’s dispossession of the Palestinian people
SPSC is of one mind with Palestinian Steven Salaita's suggestions that we insist apply here as much as in the US. Stand Up To Racism - please take note of Steven Salaita's point 3:
Five suggestions vis-a-vis Palestine for those in the West who identify as leftist:
1. A brutalized population isn't obliged to assuage its colonizer's anxieties.
2. The right of return isn't contingent on how many people you think will or won't exercise that right.
3. Never demand that Palestinians defer their liberation for the sake of a Democrat's* political career.
4. Condemning "Hamas" or renouncing "terrorism" isn't a concession to virtue, but a performance of respectability.
5. No action from the Gaza Strip is equivalent to the continual violence of Zionism, so you needn't mitigate condemnation of Israel with pious disapproval of Palestinian resistance.
*NEVER SACRIFICE THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE FOR YOUR DOMESTIC UK POLITICAL AGENDA - 100 YEARS OF MOST OF THE BRITISH LEFT DOING THIS IS 100 YEARS TOO LONG!