Write a comment
called by Palestine Alliance
Saturday 30th March 2pm
Assemble Foot of Mound, Princes Street
Equality, Freedom & Justice for Palestinians
- UN investigators have reported that Israeli snipers "have intentionally shot children, they’ve intentionally shot people with disabilities, they’ve intentionally shot journalists, knowing them to be children, people with disabilities and journalists. Amnesty International welcomed the UN report and added that ”many cases appeared to amount to willful killings constituting war crimes.
- UK Minister Alistair Burt condemned the UN body for its report. Britian still includes sniper rifle parts in its arms sales to Israel.
- Israel is threatening another massacre of Palestinians - on top of the hundreds killed and over 20,000 maimed during demonstrations over the last year.
March to First Minister Nicola Sturgeon's residence, Bute House, to ask the Scottish Government to
- welcome the UN report
- reaffirm its call for an arms embargo on Israel
- tell the Israeli Ambassador he is unwelcome while the siege of Gaza continues
Marchers will have their chance to add their signatures to the letter and similar letter to Scottish Labour and LibDems