13-15 August, Glen Prosen youth hostel / camping in Scottish highlands
‘Ideas for a Successful Palestine Solidarity Campaign’
7.00pm Israel & Palestine - introductory discussion
- What is Israel? A settler colonial state? Apartheid? Something worse? Democratic?
- Is Israel guilty of ethnic cleansing and/or genocide?
- The US-Israeli relationship – Is Israel still a strategic asset to the USA?
- Israel/Palestine and the wider drive to war
- (How) Can Palestinians ever win their freedom?
- Palestinian resistance – civil society & the BNC
- Resistance – Hamas & Hezbollah
- Palestinian self determination, the ‘two-state solution’, and alternatives.
- What is the Palestinian Authority?
11.00am Palestine solidarity in Britain
- What is our role now that Israel is widely seen as a pariah state
- How do British political formations line up on the issue of Palestine?
- Does the UK Israel lobby determine UK policy?
- British Government complicity abroad and repression of solidarity at home
- The JNF
2.30pm Campaigning issues
- Who are our audience?
- How do we relate to the Media?
- Lobbying elected representatives
4.30pm Reflections on the event so far
- Zionism from Herzl to Netanyahu
- The JNF, Histadrut and other Zionist para-Statals
- Zionism – right & left
- Zionism & anti-Semitism
12-1 Reflections on the event
Suggested reading list for those in a hurry!
Israel: a settler colonial state
Is Israel guilty of ethnic cleansing and/or genocide?
The US-Israeli relationship – Is Israel still a strategic asset to the USA?
Palestine solidarity and the wider drive to war
Palestinian resistance – civil society & the BNC
Palestinian self determination, solutions
What is the Palestinian Authority?
Palestine solidarity in Britain: What is our role?
Are we a human rights campaign only?
A peace campaign?
How do British political formations line up on the issue of Palestine?
Does the UK Israel lobby determine UK policy?
How do we relate to the Media?
Zionism – before the rise of Hitler
Zionism – right & left
Zionism & anti-Semitism